BOOM Imaging is looking to hire a Wide Format Print Operator at its site in Toronto. Interested applicants are encouraged to send an email with an attached résumé to [email protected] today.
Starting Pay: $37,440 – $45,760 (calculated hourly)
Boom Imaging offers a varied sign and print service, to customers across Canada.
Sign and print projects are endless in variety and style, which is why everything we do is custom built exclusively for our clients.
Duties as Wide Format Print Operator
This position will require you to print supplied client files to various wide format print devices to print up to 10.5' wide. You will need to be able to lift heavy rolls of material on a regular basis. A part of this job is performing daily maintenance on the printer/s. Monitor and order stock as needed. Opening client-supplied files with AI, PS, ID, PDF.
You will also be required to help in other areas such as operating a CNC Kongsberg cutter.
Having experience with Fiery Rip and or Onyx Rip is an asset. Have good computer and technical skills using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. We can provide training if you have previous experience on similar equipment.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience in the Print or Signage industry is an asset
- Graphic Design experience related to the print/packaging
- Wide Format printing experience would be an asset or Small Format digital copy/print operation
- Graduation from a recognized Graphic Arts program is an asset
- Effective communications skills (verbal/written), fluent in English
- Self-starter that can work with others in a team.
- Have an eye for colour and an understanding of colour manipulation
- Detailed and Quality orientated, able to spot quality issues
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet deadlines
- Speak/email directly with clients when required.
- Able to use a tape measure, good with metric and imperial units of measure
- Able to lift heavy materials such as rolls/boxes of paper or other media
- Able to use graphic design software such as Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design are important in this position
- Able to speak directly with customers
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their résumé to Marzi Sarvi. Click below to send your application now!