Position: Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Employer: BSC GLOBAL
About the Employer, BSC Global:
Our company is comprised of an amazing team of individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are lean in nature and most team members have multi-functioning positions within the company. We are approaching a decade of existence and have experienced tremendous growth and learnings throughout the years and as a result of the different ideas brought forward by past and current team members.
We praise new ideas, new methods of doing things and learning what works and what doesn’t. We promote thinking outside the box to solve problems and often look at how we can simplify or automate any process we do, freeing up valuable time of any team members and making tasks easier to complete! We strive for an ever-evolving company culture and team where we learn, grow and have fun with everyone we work with! We are looking for the best fit candidate to join our journey and grow with us. If you feel the role description and culture are a perfect fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you and diving even deeper on the role, company and yourself!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- JOB TITLE: Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- DEPARTMENT: Warehouse & Logistics
- JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
- SALARY: $16-$17 (TBD based on experiences)
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years of Warehouse Experience (minimum)
- EDUCATION: Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- LOCATION: Markham (preferred)
- LANGUAGE: English (required)
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will provide direct support to the Warehouse & Logistics team in daily warehouse function and processes, assist with the receiving and shipping and overall inventory management. This role will also develop an end-to-end understanding of our inventory, will lead ongoing and recurring tasks – including transfer orders, inventory counts, and organization. The role is dynamic and will evolve over time according to the needs of the business.
- Receiving products delivered in boxes and shipments from various couriers & vendors
- Unboxing and ensuring counts, models/ versions/SKUs are exact matches to the invoice and packing slips.
- Scanning items into inventory management software
- recording damages per standard procedures
- directing team members who will be supporting you in receiving during busier days
- following standardized procedures and policies related to incoming
- Organization of key documents and receiving workspace
- Lead inventory reconciliation process regularly including physical cycle counts
- Inventory layout and organization for easy picking
- Key contact for office team when information on products are required
- Investigate inventory discrepancies where required in partnership with accounting/Operations
- providing key information on products where required into systems
Streamlining & Structuring the Incoming/ Outgoing Processes:
- Directing and ensuring all team members are trained/aware and following all receiving and incoming processes (over time).
- Review and improve existing processes to be as efficient in the role’s responsibilities
- Support other teams where required
Processing, Packaging and Shipping:
- Quickly understand labeling systems and identify errors
- Restock merchandise in the proper location for accessibility by other employees
- Find missing or extra items in a warehouse and take proper action to fix the problem
- Relabel stock for better organization.
- Scan long and complex order forms and compare with received merchandise to ensure accuracy.
- Maintaining accuracy of shipment by verifying and confirming exact parts, measurements, models, quantities, and versions of product are prepped for shipment
- Processing, packaging and shipping orders/ quantities as per order sheet specifications
- Transporting packed and labeled items to delivery pallets and loading them when necessary
- Creating and submitting paperwork that correlates with each shipment
- Picking items as required with HIGH level of accuracy
- Packing and wrapping picked items to ensure that they remain safe during the transit period, and affixing provided labels on them
- Ensuring the timely and proper completion of warehouse processes as per guidelines
- Filling the necessary paperwork with each order completion
- Arranging for paperwork and bills to be included with each item, and providing instructions to truck drivers to make sure that they reach clients on time
Organization and Efficiency:
- Performing cleaning and maintenance work on assigned warehouse areas to ensure that they remain tidy, and functional at all times
- Storing products safely and in an organized matter to avoid damages of packaging and or products due to negligence
- Materials/Supplies: Ensuring things are exactly where they belong and supplies are in locations which enable greater efficiency
- Validating Accuracy of all products shipped with your team
- Ensuring all packaging meets company guidelines
- Ensuring the quality of product isn’t compromised when it leaves the warehouse and while it is being transported to place of delivery
- Inspecting specialized machinery to ensure functionality and reporting malfunctioning machinery as per procedure
The role is dynamic and can grow over time. We are a small but growing operation with lots of opportunity for growth and development.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
Passion for Excellence: Regardless of the task at hand, the individual must be focused on producing a high-level output. Prioritizing attention to detail and accuracy in everything.
High Level of Organization: Must be an integral part of who you are as this is CRUCIAL for this role and for your success at our company. Involves effective time management, multi-tasking and task planning at all stages of work.
Detail oriented: Since your job requires dealing with data, you will be involved in work that requires high attention to detail. Taking notes, listening, asking questions and double checking the work you do is extremely important. Without a keen eye for detail, it is difficult to analyze and manage the amount of data you will be dealing with on a daily basis.
Analytical Thinking: Going hand-in-hand with being detail oriented, you must have analytical acumen. This means you employ a structured approach to manage your responsibilities and could prioritize and make decisions as required, accounting for all the what-ifs. It is imperative that you implement this in all aspects of your work to monitor and manage financial data.
High Computer proficiency: Very comfortable on the computer using outlook, excel, SharePoint and other Microsoft products and learning new tools on the computer to increase efficiency.
Learning & Growth Mindset: Whether it be new applications required, processes or ways we do things. The learning will be ongoing and continuous with the objective of improving what/how we do and simplifying and reducing complexity! Candidate should have an initiative to learn, grow, and improve continuously.
High Level of Accuracy: When it comes to finances, there is no limit to the amount of times you check and recheck your work.
Leadership & Execution: Must accept responsibility and be accountable to the tasks assigned and provides end-to-end deliverables.
Resourceful: Employing different approaches where existing don’t work to achieve the end goal. Must be able to have the ability to think outside of the box when necessary and be decisive in problem solving. Always finding creative solutions to problems/challenges.
Outcome focused: This is not restricted to setting a goal or identifying a goal, it means planning and subsequently putting into motion that plan ensuring that the goal is effectively and efficiently achieved. It requires candidates who have exemplary focus and timely solutions.
Communication skills: Receptive to feedback and keen interest in improving. Includes listening, understanding & effective communication.
Team Player: Loves to work with others, and fosters a supportive, reliable and positive environment that welcomes people.
Positive Attitude & Proactive approach: Self-driven with a “Can-Do” attitude. Always finding creative solutions to problems/challenges.
Confidentiality & Objectivity: You will be dealing with confidential data, not just the company’s but our partners’ and staffs’, maintaining objectivity is just as essential as maintaining confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Common warehouse procedures
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Adequate knowledge of warehouse data systems
- Highly comfortable/proficient on the computer & communication tools
- Ability to lift or move heavy products up to 20 kg
- Experience with inventory management
- Very comfortable and fluent in utilizing computers for inventory management, Email and other communication.
- HIGH level of Attention to detail
- HIGH level of Organization
- Dependable Hardworking & Trustworthy
- Able to work with little or no supervision