The Toronto Secondary Unit (TSU) of the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join the team as a Health and Wellness Office Assistant in Toronto, ON. This is a full-time, 11-month contract position with the possibility for an extension. Interested applicants should send their résumé and list of references to [email protected].
About the Company
The Toronto Secondary Unit (TSU) of the Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association serves approximately 2500 teachers employed in the Secondary Panel of the Toronto Catholic District School Board.
TSU is one of the largest OECTA secondary units and has existed as a separate unit since 1965. We are the official voice of Catholic Secondary School teachers employed in the Toronto Catholic District School Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Health and Wellness Office Assistant, you will report to the Unit President or designate and assist in the following:
- Using standardized responses, answer the telephone, take messages, and answer members’ questions regarding sick days, sick leave, WSIB, and accommodations whenever possible;
- Using standardized responses, reply, in writing, to TCDSB automated notices received by members (sick leave benefits);
- Send written information to members regarding the Short-Term Disability and WSIB process (includes information for application for Long Term Disability, short term disability leave/WSIB);
- Track in chart and/or file form all;
- Members on short term disability leave, WSIB, LTD, accommodation needs;
- Members receiving WSIB benefits for lost time and/or healthcare benefits;
- Members with accommodation needs;
- Conversation and emails (sick leave benefits/short-term disability leave/WSIB/LTD);
- Prepare and provide materials for grievances as needed (short term disability leave/WSIB/LTD);
- Communicate with related organizations as needed;
- Make necessary arrangements for meetings related to sick leave/accommodations/WSIB/LTD
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
The Employee shall have the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma, additional post secondary courses would be an asset;
- Competence to produce assignments in a presentable, accurate, and timely manner;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Familiarity with working in a unionized environment;
- Competency in guided decision-making to address situations that might arise;
- Experience with caution and discretion in handling confidential information;
- Demeanour that is empathetic, patient, and gentle, particularly with telephone communications;
- Competency in language skills both verbal and written;
- Familiarity with Adobe, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Explorer and/or Edge, and the ability to acquire proficiency in other software as required.
TSU, in cooperation with Divine Grace and in solidarity with the Catholic Community, serves the professional and contractual needs of its members. Our core values include dignity of the individual, professionalism, catholic education, and faith-based community.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This is not a work-from-home position. Masks must be worn onsite, sanitizer is provided, and social distancing measures are in place.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter