Penguin Basements is looking for a Accounting Intern to work alongside our Accounting and Finance team in North York, ON. The successful candidate will support in growing our accounting reporting capacity.
Are you someone who loves finance, but hates the dreary mortuary feeling that permeates most finance departments? Are you looking for a place where finance is about people first, numbers second? A place that is a little offbeat, and all about teamwork. Well, here we are! We’re looking for a Jr. Accountant Intern who can do about a hundred things at once, and who’ll make it look easy. You’ll have to be organized, efficient, and meticulous, and take the initiative to get things done.
You'll be working on things like:
- Business planning to set/manage short- and long-term goals, including identifying key opportunities to exceed current targets and mitigating future business risks
- Financial analysis on plans or projects to determine strategic priorities and payout of projects and to set direction for future plans
- Develop an understanding of key external market trends including competitive benchmarking, key business drivers and sales channel analysis
- Turning ideas into tangible opportunities to maximize revenue, profit and share growth
You'll need to have:
- Currently studying towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Proven track record of leadership, with an ability to solve problems and to set priorities
- Strong critical thinking, a passion for financials, and data analysis skills, with a desire to learn on the job in a rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across diverse organizations and teams.
Please note that this is an unpaid Internship. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible, and run through the Academic Semester. This internship is a great opportunity for new grads who want to test the waters in entrepreneurial, innovative, fast-paced environment, gaining firsthand experience working with a close-knit team. The internship will span four months with minimum 3 days per week in office.
This position is based out of the Penguin Basement Limited office - 906 Magnetic Drive, North York, ON M3J 2C4. We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all candidates/employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org