The Labour Education Centre is thrilled to begin recruiting a new cohort of its TradeLinx program. This 12-week sector-focused pre-apprenticeship training program is for Ontario Works (OW) recipients who are interested in a career in the skilled trades/construction industry. Our next TradeLinx group will begin in Fall 2023.
The TradeLinx program is open to any individuals between the ages of 18-29. All candidates for the program will need a referral from their Ontario Works caseworker.
- Soft Skills including life skills
- Skills for Success
- Trade Exploration
- Site tours
- Networking with industry leaders
- Essential skills to employment, such as math
- Construction Industry Health and Safety Certifications
- Hands-on Technical training.
Additionally, the Labour Education Centre provides full wraparound supports, including access to TradeLinx's social worker
- Grade 10 Minimum or Equivalent with documentation. Access to high school transcripts
- Interest in the construction Industry as an employment path. Becoming an apprentice in a construction Trade.
- ESL Level 4 of higher
- On Ontario Works
- Ability to commit to 12 weeks of full-time Monday - Friday classes
- Classes are online and in person.