For the health and safety of our clients, all classes and in-person meetings will be cancelled until further notice.
Our resource centre at 15 Gervais Drive is also closed.
We will continue to offer support to job seekers via phone and email to the best of our ability.
Applying for EI During COVID-19
The federal government has announced measures to help people who cannot work because they’ve been directed to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19. The following changes have been made to Employment Insurance (EI) to help those individuals:
- The one-week waiting period for EI sickness benefits will be waived for new claimants who are quarantined so they can be paid for the first week of their claim
A new dedicated toll-free phone number to support enquiries related to waiving the EI sickness benefits waiting period
- Telephone: 1-833-381-2725 (toll-free)
- Teletypewriter (TTY): 1-800-529-3742
- People claiming EI sickness benefits due to quarantine will not have to provide a medical certificate
- People who cannot complete their claim for EI sickness benefits due to quarantine may apply later and have their EI claim backdated to cover the period of delay
If you are experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing or you are in self-isolation or quarantine, do not visit or enter any Service Canada office. As an alternative, you may access services online or by calling 1 800 O-Canada
As the situation evolves, we will continue to look for guidance from our Health Authorities / local governments and adapt our measures and precautions accordingly, while doing what we can to maintain levels of service continuity.