The Don Valley Employment Services (DVES) consortium has produced a new video on the advantages of hiring foreign trained professionals. You can watch below!
DVES is a consortium made up of:
Labour Education Centre
Toronto North Local Immigration Partnership
Skills for Change
Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office
City of Toronto Employment & Social Services
“I’m Eglinton” is a new eight week programme to help individuals explore careers in the construction industry.
The programme includes:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Working at heights and confined space certification
- Working with propane certification
- Awareness training on personal protective equipment
- Forklift training
- Basic blue print reading
- Power and hand tool awareness
- Building Trades Centre tours
This programme is for you if:
- You are on Ontario Works (contact your case worker for a referral)
- You have Grade 10 English and math or equivalent
- You are interested in a career in the construction industry
- You like to work outdoors and use tools.
If you are interested, please register online by clicking here.
You can also download our PDF flyer by clicking here
Posted in apprenticeship, careers, community benefits, Employment Services, youth employment
Tagged apprenticeship, career exploration, construction trades, liuna 183, liuna 506, ontario works, training