North York, Ontario, Canada · Construction
As the Trim/Finish Carpenter, you will be responsible for tactically leading, setting up and maintaining the Penguin Basements Limited’s carpentry team. The Trim/Finish Carpenter will be involved in installing doors, casing, interior door and window jamb, baseboards and door hardware. This role will also look at cost controls, recommendation for efficiencies and how to optimize the tasks involved so that Penguin can provide a better service and standards to the customer, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization.
What you'll do:
- Preparing and installing interior door jamb, casing and door
- Preparing and installing interior window jamb, casing
- Preparing and installing baseboard, shoe molding, wainscoting and crowning molding
- Installing door hardware (interior and exterior), door stops, attic hatch access doors (ceiling and wall)
- Caulking gap between trim and trim, between trim and walls
- Determine specifications and calculate requirements of trim
- Fit and install custom cabinetry, trim, doors, steps, shelving and other finished architectural wood designs
- Set up and operate saws and other woodworking machines to cut, shape and form parts
- Operate hand and power tools
- Read and interpret sketches, blueprints, and drawings
- Some supervision of helpers and apprentices on job site
What we need:
- Minimum 5 years’ of finish carpentry experience, steel stud framing also an asset
- Red Seal Carpentry Certificate or in the process, huge asset!
- Owns and able to work with hand and power carpentry tools and other construction equipment
- Ability to do high standard finishing work
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Be able to kneel, bend, stand, stoop and stretch for long periods of time
- Production mentality is a must in this role
- High awareness of health and safety practices
This is a full time, hourly position with our head office at 906 Magnetic Drive, North York, ON M3J 2C4. The hours of work will vary and could include days, evenings and weekends and you will be required to visit job sites.
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with Penguin?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org