North York, Ontario, Canada · Construction
Steel Stud Framer
As a Steel Stud Framer, you are a key member of our framing team and will be responsible for framing our projects regardless of scope within 1 day. The Steel Stud Framers will work in a team of 4-6 framers to grow the business, and correctly launch all the projects. Our ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the trade with a Red Seal Carpentry Certificate or in progress of completing a certification. In this position, there is travel to job sites throughout our region, and transportation is available for the entire team meeting at the head office.
What you'll do:
- Cut metal framing and trim to size, using cutting tools
- Install horizontal and vertical metal studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls
- Read blueprints or other specifications to determine methods of installation, work procedures, or material or tool requirements
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices
- Daily clean-up of job sites
- Install metal stud framing
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans
- Maintain a safe and professional work site at all times
- Other duties as assigned, we are a growing company – we need all hands-on deck
What we need:
- Minimum 5 years’ of construction/carpentry/framing experience
- Red Seal Carpentry Certificate or in the process, huge asset!
- Ability to work with hand and power carpentry tools and other construction equipment
- Ability to do high standard finishing work
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Be able to kneel, bend, stand, stoop and stretch for long periods of time
- Production mentality is a must in this role
- High awareness of health and safety practices
This is a full time, hourly position with our head office at 906 Magnetic Drive, North York, ON M3J 2C4. The hours of work will vary and could include days, evenings and weekends and you will be required to visit job sites.
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with Penguin?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com