Fresh City Farms is looking to hire a Pastry Baker at its site in Toronto. Interested applicants are encouraged to send an email with an attached résumé to [email protected] today.
Fresh City is an award-winning urban farm and omni-channel retailer. Founder-led, we’re on a mission to provide a better life through food. More than one decade after we first began, our belief in that is even stronger. Every day, we deliver organic produce, chef-inspired and made from scratch prepared foods, bespoke meats and more to thousands of Greater Toronto Area families.
In 2018, Fresh City acquired Mabel’s Bakery, a popular bakery in Toronto producing artisan breads and pastries, and shortly after acquired The Healthy Butcher, a pioneer in organic and 100% Grass Fed beef, in 2019. In 2022, subscription-based organic produce and grocery delivery company Mama Earth Organics was added to the lineup of brands making Fresh City the largest organic online retailer in Ontario.
With eight retail locations and home delivery across the GTA between our four brands, the Fresh City family of brands continues to bring farmers, makers and eaters together to deliver a food experience that respects our bodies, our planet, and our shared tomorrow.
Food is our passion. We proudly employ over 500 employees across our four brands including our farm, our two warehouses, our food production facilities, our offices and our retail locations. We’re continuously advancing our culture of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard, valued and free to be their authentic selves.
The Pastry Baker will be responsible for:
- Following existing recipes and processes to make doughs, batters and assemble finished goods such as pies, empanadas and sausage rolls to Mabel's standards
- Preparing mis en place for Pastry Chefs
- Labelling and storing goods correctly, ensuring proper date rotation
- Assistance with product inventories
- Assisting with other pastry duties including making batters for cookies, squares and cakes
- Handling machinery including but not limited to a cookie press, a pie dough press, a dough divider and rounder and various
- Following all food handling protocols as set by the kitchen and the board of health.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces
- Cleaning and maintaining all shared equipment
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- One (1) year of commercial bakery or kitchen experience.
- Food Handler's Certificate required.
- Open availability to work any day including weekends.
- Works well in a team setting (agreeable, courteous and positive).
- Reliable and punctual (always shows up on time.)
- Organized and able to work quickly.
- Pay close attention to detail and are able to work neatly.
- Can work independently, but not afraid to ask for help.
- Interest/knowledge in organics/farming/local food an asset.
- You LOVE food and have a PASSION for Pastry.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their résumé to Marzi Sarvi. Click below to send your application now!