Ògo Tàwa Inc. is looking for a Marketing Manager Role for Black Community Initiatives to join the organization. This is a 16-month, full-time contract position. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their résumé and cover letter to [email protected].
- Contract Duration: 16 months
- Salary: $60,000 to $75,000 per year
- Hours: Full-time
- Health and dental benefits
About the Company
Ògo Tàwa Inc. helps gifted, underrepresented, underserved, and underemployed artists of African descent apply their artistic talents to enhance their financial security and provide better lives for themselves, their communities, and their families. We do this by bringing needed attention to their creative talents so customers and the public may support diverse artworks by Black artists.
We are developing an eCommerce platform, a public arts project and a business training program. We are looking for a Marketing Manager to help us through this stage of growth. This would be a hybrid work opportunity that includes work from the office and work from home. This work opportunity also includes an attractive benefits package.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for effectively presenting and communicating Ògo Tàwa’s products, services, and character to our diverse customer groups in ways that are consistent with the organization’s mission and unique character. This role will handle decision-making for the company’s website, social media accounts, and traditional and online advertising. A service-oriented approach and passion for the company’s internal and external customers is a must.
This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to Senior Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the annual marketing and communications schedule
- Using graphic designing and video editing tools such as Canva, Adobe, iMovie, etc. to create marketing templates/materials
- Writing, proofreading, and editing website content, marketing and promotional materials, and emails
- Using digital marketing, specifically social media using platforms like Instagram and YouTube, to promote our programs online
- Working with the team and ad agency to come up with content ideas, graphic designs, and promotional materials
- Plan and execute strategic marketing campaigns via various strategies and channels, including but not limited to email, social media, display advertising campaigns/paid media, and SEO/SEM.
- Manage business elements of marketing campaigns to include obtaining project estimates, and ensuring on-time delivery of goods to Consumers.
- Help develop pitch decks for fundraising campaigns and potential sponsors
- Provide pitch-style presentations to potential partners/sponsors
- Coordinate advertising purchase, marketing strategy, and execution with media vendors and marketing agency.
- Establish annual marketing goals and expense budget; Maintain a budget to plan for expenditures in advance and develop a financial plan that will maximize the company’s resources; optimize spend and performance based on research and data
- Gather, analyze, and report visitor and shopper data to inform and guide marketing and business decisions; Identify trends and insights to help inform evidence-based business decisions;
- investigate opportunities to create and capture value throughout the customer journey.
- Ensure all campaigns possess brand-consistent and cohesive messaging and visuals that are conveyed with a strong call to action.
- Partner with merchandise buying teams to plan advertising and merchandising of product assortments both in-store and on the website.
- Understand, implement and reinforce organizational brand guidelines and copy style.
- Assist in preparing creative briefs, strategic marketing plans, marketing statistical data analyses, end-of-month reports, and board reports.
- Organize work schedules of marketing department team members.
- Direct and supervise department staff through proper training, reviewing, and coaching.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business, or related field required. Additional education in marketing, especially digital marketing, is strongly preferred
- You self-identify as Black or Black bilingual (French-English)*
- Fluency in speaking French Language is an asset
- Must be resourceful, reliable, organized, and have great time management skills;
- Recent professional experience in marketing is required & a Supervisory experience is a plus
- Possess previous copywriting experience
- Desirable candidates will display working knowledge in the following areas: marketing strategies, SEM/SEO, campaign management, market research and analysis, and team leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Familiar with graphic design and video editing tools such as Canva, Adobe, iMovie, etc.
- Familiar with email marketing tools such as MailChimp; SEO tools like Google Ads / Google Search Console and website content marketing tools such as WordPress and Shopify
- Marketing experience, preferably on social media platforms such as Facebook/Instagram and YouTube
Candidates must possess:
- A highly organized and orderly approach to work
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within an organization
- A strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Broad working knowledge of webpage/website production, user interfaces, content management systems, e-commerce tools, and processes.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to listen and respond to internal departmental needs, and a passion for our external customers
Please note: Hybrid work opportunity includes work from home and work in the office work days.
*In order to be eligible applicants must self-identify as Black (regardless of your cultural identity or place of birth).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Click below to send your application now!