Homestead Land Holdings Inc. is currently seeking energetic candidates who take great pride in their work for Maintenance Representative/Cleaner positions in Thornhill and Toronto, ON. If you like to clean and want to become part of the Homestead team, this position could be for you! Interested applicants should apply with a résumé at www.homestead.ca/careers.
About the Company
Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. The founding principles of the company are still in place today, which are to provide residents with affordable, secure housing with a standard of care in which we would treat our own family members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Plumbing Duties:
Change faucets, taps, toilets, valves, shower heads, tap washers, plunge toilets, use a snake, change a P trap, flex line, leaks etc.
General Electrical Duties:
- Change smoke detectors, light switches, fluorescent tubes, receptacles, fuses, fixtures, ceiling fans, stove elements, oven elements etc.
- Test a generator
- Use power tools
- Replace all burnt out light bulbs
- Change counter tops, door locks, mail locks, doors, closets, cupboards, shelves, door closers, cabinets, kick plates, towel bars, hinges, drawer slides, cracks/holes in dry wall etc.
Life Safety Systems
- Re-set fire alarms, operate fire extinguisher
- Inspect fire system and complete daily and weekly fire log book
Hallways and Stairwells
- Repair and report all common area deficiencies including: faulty door closures, plaster blisters, graffiti and vandalism, tile repairs, carpet repairs, etc.
Cleaning duties include but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and detailed cleaning of the following areas:
- Laundry rooms
- Fitness rooms
- Tenant units upon vacancy (including bathrooms, kitchens (ovens & fridges)
- Other duties as required
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Cleaning Experience is an asset
- Team Player
- Customer Service
- Handles pressure with a positive outlook
- Detail Oriented
A satisfactory reference check, criminal records clearance, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 are required for the position, though the Company will provide any accommodation required by law.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and opportunity for advancement. Homestead Land Holdings Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance. We appreciate all responses; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Please apply on the Homestead website and be sure to include your resume.