Now Accepting New Applicants
WestRock is seeking an Industrial Electrician for its Etobicoke Plant (730 Islington Ave., Etobicoke, ON). The Industrial Electrician will be responsible to perform maintenance and repair of paper board manufacturing equipment in a unionized environment. If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit www.westrock.com/careers today.
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at Journeyman Electrician level
- Experienced with 480 and 600 VAC, 3 phase along with lower voltages
- Able to trouble shoot and repair semi-automated production equipment
- Experience with trouble shooting and preventive maintenance of large DC and AC motors/drives
- Able to effectively use standard electrical test equipment including volt meter, amprobe and megger
- Familiar with and able to safely apply with the Canadian/Ontario Electrical Code and other local safety codes, policies and procedures
- Able to read and interpret facility blue prints and equipment technical manuals
- Computer literate and able to be effective and efficient with various computer applications
- Able to perform electrical construction projects and repair
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively work within a team environment
- Three years of experience as an Industrial Journeyman Electrician
- Experience with troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Delta V Control Logix PLC’s
- Experience with AC and DC drives in fan, pump, and conveyor applications
- Ability to set up AC and DC drives
- Experience with HMI touch screens
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime, as needed
- Willing and able to participate in safety programs and activities
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application to Human Resources. WestRock wants to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.