North York, Ontario, Canada · Construction
Licenced Plumber/Project Manager
As the Licenced Plumber/Project Manager, you will oversee the construction project (applying for permits to PDI), one site per week. With a lens on the project timelines and the overall customer satisfaction, you will be responsible for overseeing the progress of the build. When your project begins you'll be responsible for the safety of all on site, and you will also monitor the progress of the project to make sure it will meet the deadline – and if that's not going to be possible – solutions around that. You'll be responsible for communicating with the management team and customers reporting any problems or delays, as well as keeping them up to date with general progress. The success of the Project Manager will be measured by adhering to the project plan as well as client approval and positive customer reviews.
This position is right for you if you are a licenced plumber and proficient in residential construction and/or renovation, you are able to work with homeowners to meet and exceed their expectations and most importantly are handy and able + willing to join on the tools to ensure the project is completed within scope and budget.
What you'll do:
- Assess and complete the plumbing rough and finish for projects
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements when needed
- Track and report current status of project on our proprietary project management software for customer and management
- Maintain safety of job site for customers, trades and team members through cleanliness and inspections, assisting with removal of excess material (ie. drywall, metal, flooring, etc… ) and supporting trades when needed
- Supporting the trades with the jobs when necessary (plastering, taping, trim work, painting, tiling, plumbing)
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments that will lead to an increase in revenue
- Complete the substantial completion (PDI) form with the customers and pick up outstanding balances once the work is complete
What we need:
- University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Architectural Sciences, Civil Engineering, Project/Construction Management and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- 5-10 years of progressive plumbing experience in a high-volume construction build environment
- General knowledge of trade skills and know-how (plastering, taping, trim work, painting, tiling)
- Multi-tasker/hard worker - ability to prioritize and juggle several projects simultaneously and quick to adapt within one of the most dynamic working environments in the construction industry
- Willingness to learn and understand the business – a true business partner, this person is enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
This is a full time, salary position based at the Penguin Basement Limited office - 906 Magnetic Drive, North York, ON M3J 2C4. The hours of work will vary and could include days, evenings and weekends and you will be required to visit job sites.
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with Penguin?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position email your resume to email@example.com