North York, Ontario, Canada · Construction
Licensed (309A) Electrician
As the Electrician, Journeyman, you will be responsible for supporting the Penguin Basements Limited’s electrical infrastructure under the direction of the Electrician, Master. The Electrician, Journeyman will be involved in helping with the installation of electrical wiring in residential buildings (specifically basements) by troubleshooting and repairing various equipment, installing various types of equipment and electrical services, coaching and supervising work performed by Apprentice Electricians, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization.
This position is right for you if you are proficient in residential wiring (rough and finish), able to meet and exceed customer expectations by providing exceptional customer service by communicating the progress though to completion and able to train and mentor a team of Apprentices with the Master Electrician.
What you'll do:
- Fabricating/assembling electrical and controls systems, designs and details from prints, requests or orders and assisting with sequencing material, labour and other resources to achieve a consistent, quality product
- Train and coach Apprentices electricians, with the guidance of the Electrician, Master
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for residential electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble all types of electrical conduits (liquid tight flex, EMT, aluminum flex, armoured cable & rigid conduits) and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
What we need:
- Diploma in relevant Vocational Education and Training (VET) and/or Career and Technical Education (CTE) and/or successfully completed apprenticeship as an Electrician
- Must possess a Journeyperson 309A License through the Ontario College of Trades
- Minimum 5 years of progressive electrical supervisory experience in a high-volume construction build environment
- Project coordination experience with residential electrical systems is a strong asset
- Tech-savvy - expert in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and able to learn new technology as it relates to construction
- Multi-tasker/hard worker - ability to prioritize and juggle several projects simultaneously and quick to adapt within one of the most dynamic working environments in the construction industry
- Willingness to learn and understand the business – a true business partner, this person is enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
This is a full time, hourly position The hours of work will vary and could include days, evenings and weekends and you will be required to visit job sites to complete rough and finish.
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with Penguin?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position email your resume to email@example.com