BOOM Imaging – Wide Format Pre-Press Print Production
Boom Imaging offers a varied print and finishing service, to customers across Canada. From large format prints, signage to
vehicle wraps, construction hoarding and more. Boom Imaging focuses on quality, timeliness and seamless delivery. Print
projects are endless in variety and style, which is why everything we do is custom built exclusively for our clients.
We understand that the customer service is the utmost of importance. The successful candidate will need to have the same
philosophy and looking after the customer needs and wants is the main focus. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the large format print/display/packaging industry. Be detailed and quality orientated.
Digital Print Experience:
Some of the duties of a wide format print production operator are but not limited to:
Schedule of orders by time and customer requirements, be able to operate a flatbed printer, Rolfed printer CNC/die cutter. You
will be responsible to load files for output. You will be responsible to ensure that the jobs have been printed in accordance to
the docket specifications. Laisse with estimating, procurement and clients as needed. Be able to direct and re-direct staff as
required. Able to lift heavy materials, such as rolls of media boxes and other various materials.
• Previous operation of Wide format flatbed printer an asset
• Previous operation Wide Format Rolfed printer (HP or similar) an asset
• Experience with computer cutters such as Zund or Kongsberg i-cut, Multicut or similar an asset
• Computer skills to process files for printing, advanced skills with Adobe products such as
• ArtiosCAD would be an asset -Able to create shop drawings.
• Experience with RIP software such as Onyx/Thrive or similar is an asset
• Managing and organizing assigned work
• Graduation from a recognized Graphic Arts program is an asset
• Signage installation experience would be an asset or carpentry skills
• Effective communications skills (verbal/written), fluent in English
• Self-starter that can work with minimal supervision and able to work effectively in a team.
• Have an eye for colour and understanding of colour manipulation.
• Detailed and Quality orientated, able to spot quality issues by constantly reviewing ones work.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet deadlines.
• Speak/email directly with clients when required.
• Able to use a tape measure, good with metric and imperial units of measure
• Able to lift heavy materials such as rolls/boxes of paper or other media.
• Load rolls of media on printers.
• Hands on operation of Digital Wide Format Printers
• Knowledge of the signage, point of purchase, display industry
• Knowledge of materials and medias for the Digital Wide Format applications
• Formal training for equipment operation or in the Graphic Arts Industry is considered an asset
• Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract an asset.
• Installation experience is an asset.
To Apply for this job, please contact Janice Perry: email@example.com