LEC has partnered with the Hospitality Training Action Centre to offer a variety of positions in the hospitality industry, including a Housekeeping Room Attendant position. If interested, please email [email protected] or call 416-737-6039. Position details are below.
Hourly Pay Range: $17.71 - $23.91 per hour
Unionized position: Yes (may vary depending on the property)
Position Objective: The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in each guest room. The Room Attendant refreshes rooms for guests who are continuing their stay, as well as thoroughly clean rooms of guests who have checked out in preparation for the next guest checking in.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly clean guest rooms and sanitize public spaces including dusting, making beds, soiled linen/garbage removal from rooms, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and disinfecting, cleaning furniture, inside window cleaning, restocking, replenishing rooms with supplies.
- Remove room service trays and tables from guest rooms
- Stock supply cart and ensure that it is always neat and well organized
- Keep all linen storage areas neat, clean, and secure
- Check all equipment prior to and after use to ensure that it is in good working order
- Communicate clean status of each room upon completion
- Participate in deep cleaning as required
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Respond to all hotel guests efficiently and in an appropriately friendly and professional manner, informing managers and other departments as need arises.
- Maintain hotel security and guest privacy at all times
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including nametag. Appearance must comply with the hotel’s Grooming Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Follow all Company and Brand standards, policies, procedures, and internal rules.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills, friendly and hospitality focused
- Warm and caring personality
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Willingness to do shift work as scheduled. Flexible to work a varied schedule which includes working on mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to work productively and independently with little supervision
- Excellent grooming standards
- Able to communicate in English, both oral and written
- Experience working in Housekeeping is preferred
- Previous Hotel experience an asset
- Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position
- Employers may require that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk for 8 hours at a time or extended periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to bend, stretch, and reach, pull. Ability to push and pull up to 80 lbs, and lift to 20 lbs.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter