Now Accepting New Applicants
WestRock is hiring people who have experience working in a manufacturing facility to ensure quality boxes are produced for customers.
If you are interested in applying for this General Labour position, please visit www.westrock.com/careers today.
You will be working in a team environment, where good communication skills are essential. You will ensure production targets are met and that you and your co-workers are working safely. Daily physical requirements are pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines. Job repetition and hot work environment are part of the working conditions.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work rotating shifts from Monday to Friday
- Days: 6:45 am - 2:45 pm
- Afternoons 2:45 pm – 10:45 pm
- Nights 10:45 pm – 6:45 am
Shifts rotate weekly. All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment medical.
What does WestRock do?
WestRock makes cardboard boxes or as we call it, Corrugated Containers. Have you ever ordered pizza or an item online? If so, there is a good chance that it was a WestRock box made in one of their WestRock facilities.
Why work with WestRock?
- Starting wage of $17.19/hour. Shift premiums for afternoon .50 and night shift .75
- Wage increases after 60-day probationary period and as per the collective agreement
- Training opportunities to work on different machines
- Benefits after your probationary period has been completed
- Pension after 6 months of employment
- Free Parking
- Subsidized hot lunch cafeteria
- Celebration lunches for successes reached in the plant
- An employer dedicated to Health and Safety
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
- A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
What you need to work at WestRock
- High school diploma
- Basic computer skills, math skills, tape measure skills and ability to read production layouts
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physically capable of repetitive work, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work weekly rotating shifts
As a global company, you will find WestRock boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their résumé to WestRock. Click below to send your application now!