Fresh City Farms is looking to hire a Full-Time Dishwasher at its site in Toronto. Interested applicants are encouraged to send an email with an attached résumé to [email protected] today.
- This is a full time position (35-40hrs/week)
The Dishwasher will be responsible for:
- Washing dishes thoroughly, in a timely manner, using the appropriate technique, proper cleaning, sanitizing and drying.
- Proper storage/care of dishes/carts/equipment.
- Ensuring empty carts are available in the kitchen at all times.
- Maintaining an organized work area.
- Following posted daily cleaning duties.
- Communicating low levels of related products such as soap, bleach, gloves, sponges, garbage bags, and toilet
- Communicating any broken or damaged product/equipment immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintenance of the Entire “ Dish Pit “ and area.
- On arrival of Dry paper goods, organizing and putting away.
- Unscheduled cleaning duties that arise, such as mopping on the sales floor, cleaning messes, cleaning the alley, etc.
- Maintenance of Cardboard.
- Prioritizing workflow.
- Taking out garbage/recycling/organics on garbage nights.
- Communicating with the supervisor when the workflow is low, and other tasks are required.
- Communicating suggestions/thoughts relating to creating better systems/practices.
- Food prep as required.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Dishwashing experience required.
- Experience in the food preparation environment and knowledge of the meat industry is an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to safely handle kitchen tools and dishwashing equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus while working under pressure.
- Some repetitive heavy lifting required up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to handle standing, bending, lifting, and reaching frequently.
What's In It For You:
- Food Discounts across Fresh City, Mama Earth, The Healthy Butcher & Mabel’s Bakery
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their résumé to Marzi Sarvi. Click below to send your application now!