North York, Ontario, Canada · Planning
Design Studio Consultant
As the Design & Colour Selections Specialist/Design Studio Consultant, you will be responsible for the planning and supporting our customers with designing and selecting finishes for their residential renovated projects. The Specialist will be a client point of contact and will assist the sales team with formulating designs which are practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling upgrades and selections, and improving life style. The Specialist will be fluent in AutoCAD and 2020 Design, having experience in cabinetry selection and design. The incumbent in the position will also have a hand in marketing and expanding the reach of the Penguin Basements Ltd. brand image in Ontario by providing an exceptional end to end client experience.
What you'll do:
- Scheduling meetings with client(s) either in the office for options selection and/or to review pending projects and timelines
- Estimate material requirements and costs for changes and selections, and present design to client(s) for approval
- Assist with production of drawing packages and specification binders
- Assist in obtaining prices, samples, etc. for projects and to build options selections
- Produce presentation documents using 2020 Design, AutoCAD, InDesign, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Source and maintain selection sample, literature library and showroom
- Confer with client(s) to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function
- Advise client(s) on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination
- Develop innovative design concepts which are practical, beautiful and conducive to intended purposes and function which reflects client goals and budget
- Lead the design and support with logistics for custom cabinetry
What we need:
- University or college degree/diploma in a field related to Interior Design, Architecture and/or the equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a small to mid-size professional service firm supporting builders with new builds or renovations with a focus on client relations is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of digital design tools such as 2020 Design AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) Guidelines
- Basic knowledge of building processes and experience in residential construction, with an understanding of floor plans, blueprints, materials and finishes for interior builds
- Self-motivated and able to work on projects independently
- Ability to think bold and creatively
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Sense of leadership and willingness to succeed
- Adaptable with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn and understand the business – a true business partner, this person is enthusiastic and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
This is a full time, salary position based at the Penguin Basement Limited office - 906 Magnetic Drive, North York, ON M3J 2C4. The hours of work will vary and could include days, evenings and weekends. We are here to exceed our customer's expectations EVERY DAY!
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with Penguin?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Penguin Basement Limited is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
To apply for this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org