Hazelview Properties is looking for a Building Manager to join the organization. This is a full-time, live-in opportunity. Interested applicants are encouraged to send an email with an attached résumé to [email protected] today.
- Position Title: Building Manager
- Position Reports to: Community Manager or Property Manager
- Location: Property Specific
About the Company
At Hazelview Properties we believe that apartments are more than bricks and mortar - they are an experience.
Started in 1999 with one small building in Oakville Ontario, we now manage a portfolio of over 200 multi-family residential buildings throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Hazelview Properties takes pride in ownership and an active hands-on approach to how we manage our communities. We are committed to fostering the long-term growth of our employees, communities and the investments we make for our clients. It’s one of the things we’ve always believed in, creating value for people
We are committed to a diverse and sustainable future.
Vision: “We create value for people and places”.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Having Fun
Who You Are: You are a stiving Building Management professional, who is passionate about providing exceptional living
About the Position
Building Managers are the first point of contact for leading the organization. This role is primarily responsible for the general management and oversight of the property and for the supervision of staff to ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to Residents thereby ensuring that Hazelview Properties is the preferred landlord of choice. This is a full-time, live-in opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents
- Promptly respond to resident issues and service requests
- Demonstrate excellent sales/leasing skills by minimizing vacancy (maintaining 100% occupancy)
- Show prospective residents available suites, process resident applications and lease agreements
- Responsible for enforcing the terms of lease agreements, such as rent collection, rules and regulations, and following procedures of serving notices to residents
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the building (general maintenance and cleaning)
- Ensure the apartment complex is maintained and cleaned in accordance with company standards
- Responsible for “move-in, move-out” procedures
- Assist in training on-site Team Members (Assistant Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and Cleaners) on operational procedures
- Ability to represent the company at Landlord Tenant Board hearings
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication is required. Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- Actively championing diversity and inclusion
- A commitment to "Best in Class" Customer Service
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated high degree of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond to issues appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated individual with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Must be willing to live on-site
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
Hazelview Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their résumé to Marzi Sarvi. Click below to send your application now!