Mosaic Transit Group is looking for an Assistant Surveyor to join the organization. This is a 6-month contract position with a possibility of extension based on project demand. Interested candidates should apply by submitting their résumé to [email protected].
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Position: Assistant Surveyor
- Reports to: Surveyor Manager
- Health and dental benefits
About the Company
Mosaic Transit Constructors (Mosaic) - a consortium comprised of Aecon, Dragados, and Dufferin – is partnering with Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to design, build and maintain the transformative Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in the City of Toronto.
About the Position
The Jr. Surveyor is responsible to assist for conducting field surveys in various aspects for construction of the project with high level of accuracy, ensuring the design criteria is adhered to and well documented. He also good cares of all instruments and accessories, and responsible to take the instrumentation from/to the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and verify site control points and benchmarks
- Operate Robotic total stations, GPS, and level instruments to perform required surveys
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated
- Prepare layout data from digital design files competently
- Perform construction layout work in various stages accurately and efficiently
- Perform quantity / as built surveys Download field survey data and make records ready for processing and documentation
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Engineering or min. College level education in Surveying or Geomatics
- Knowledge and experience of survey practices, and standards
- Experience with the operation of robotic total station, GPS, and other survey instrumentation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in surveying for construction
- Basic knowledge and experience of survey data preparation for field surveys/download and process through instrument office software
- Strong Computer skills and the ability to use AutoCAD, Leica Infinity etc.
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills with a high level of dependability
Working Conditions/ Physical Effort:
- Able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prolonged sedentary positioning
- Walking, lifting, equipment operation, etc.
- Moderate physical activities
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain
- Primary work location is the Project site for Mosaic Transit Group
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to work on leading-edge infrastructure projects.
Please note that this is a 6-month contract position with a possibility of extension based on project demand.
How to Apply:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. To apply for this position, please submit resume online to: [email protected]. Click below to send your application now!