We are currently executing several major commercial construction projects and are expanding our presence throughout Ontario. We are looking for skilled and dynamic employees to help us build a variety of competencies.
The Sheet Metal Cladder is responsible for the installation of various metal siding and roofing products.
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret drawings & prints
- Using sheets of various materials, measure and mark guidelines to be used for installation and fabrication measuring the area for new cladding and calculating the number of sheets needed
- Laying out sheets, measuring and marking them, shaping them and cutting them to size
- Together with other team members, hoisting sheets up by hand, or by using a crane, and positioning them on the roof or wall
- Drilling holes and using bolts to fix the sheets to the frame of the building
- Sealing the joints between the sheets, to make sure the building is watertight
- Perform heavy maintenance work involving climbing, rigging, and exposure to high pressure hydraulic and pneumatic systems in accordance with all company safety procedures.
- Install all products related to the exterior building envelope, Blueskin or water vapour barrier installation experience an asset
- Safely operate a variety of sheet metal equipment and tools
- Climbing on ladders and scaffolding, lift heavy weights and work at heights.
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to install all kinds of metal roofing, wall cladding and composite panels
- Ability to work and communicate with others
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in the trade in an industrial setting or as an Insulator or Sheet
- Willing to train if candidate has all required trade certification
- Demonstrate practical problem-solving ability
- MUST have up to date certification in Working at Heights, WIMIS, 4 Steps to Construction Safety,
- Aerial Workplace Platforms and Swing Stage
Day shift, 8-10 hours per day
Bring your talents to us and you will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience
- Positive work environment
- Education and training opportunities
- Opportunity for growth
If interested, please email resume to the Human Resources Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org