The Salvation Army is looking to hire an Administrative Coordinator within the organization for the upcoming holiday season. This position would be on a temporary basis, lasting from November 2022 to January 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to email their résumé to [email protected], Attn: John Halbert, Executive Director.
About the Organization:
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner, mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship, building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
- Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
- Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
About the Position:
The Administrative Coordinator performs a multi-faceted, dynamic and key administrative role, including provision of Executive Assistant support to the Executive Director in fulfillment of the mission of the Ontario Distribution. Operationally, this will be achieved through the execution of day-to-day tasks, special projects and strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates delivery of all required administrative support services for the Ontario Distribution Centre
- Ensures the smooth operation of Ontario Distribution Centre business functions
- Supports Ministry Unit clients generally as required and specifically regarding special client projects e.g., Clothes or School Supplies, and web orders of non-food and toy items
- Monitor’s client email queue [email protected] and addresses or assigns required actions as appropriate
- Develops and maintains the Ontario Distribution website to communicate with clients and volunteers including the management of the Storefront of non-food and toy items
- Assists with the planning and preparation for the Christmas Toy Campaigns - Toy Mountain and Toys for Tots
- Supports the execution of the Christmas Toy Campaigns, specifically oversight of volunteer recruitment and training. Provides some daily supervision of operations and liaises with donors and clients as required
- Provides Executive Assistant support to the Executive Director. Schedule’s meetings, prepares correspondence, generates reports and/or presentations as required. Performs daily tasks related to business operations
- Oversees reception activities for Ontario Distribution Centre
- Publishes and maintains a calendar of all administrative tasks and deliverables
- Ensures office supply and non-operational warehouse supply inventory levels are maintained. Tracks supply and usage and ensures re-orders are placed in a timely manner to avoid item shortfalls
- Handles inbound and outbound mail
- Maintains filing systems for employee and operational files
- Ensures driver support records (CVOR and Abstract) are current and updated as required
- Manages Element (vehicle maintenance) system to ensure required maintenance is performed in a timely manner and that Element statements are reviewed and verified monthly
- Verifies that all administrative and business aspects of Ontario Distribution run smoothly and accurately e.g., procuring items as required to support operations, handling invoice payment and related issues, credit card reconciliation, checking payroll reports and financial statements and generating and verifying input for Management Reports
- Arranges administrative support for ODC Management on all business operations as required
- Subject matter expert for internal systems such as Business World (Agresso), UltiPro, TEM, Shelby, Security Systems etc.
- Oversees the onboarding of new employees and volunteers from an administration perspective; ensures employees receive, complete and return required forms in a timely manner
- Provides initial orientation for new employees and volunteers. Provides site tour and introductions
- Develop strategies and recommendations for volunteer recruitment and development
- Provide ongoing, consistent coaching, performance feedback, and manage the evaluation of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
- In coordination with the Executive Director, completes initial candidate pre-screening process
- Liaises with candidates and the interviewer(s) to coordinate interviews, prepares any documentation for the process and arranges any required skills testing
- Participates as a member of the interview panel as required. Ensures unsuccessful candidates are informed appropriately of their status
- Involved in the preparation and coordination of job postings with DHQ Human Relations
- Deals with Labor Agencies regarding the supply of temporary staff as required.
- Conducts outreach to increase and maintain the available volunteer base
- Oversees use of the Ontario Distribution volunteer software platform to manage all aspects of volunteer coordination
- Schedules volunteers (individuals and groups) for shifts, ensuring the requested times are beneficial to the operation and the individual(s)
- Hosts volunteers while on site if required supervises volunteers to ensure work is being completed in a safe manner
- Ensures appropriate recognition is extended to volunteers
Finance & Administration
- Receives donations, maintains donor records, and provides tax receipts and personalized thank you letters to donors
Health & Safety
- Responsible to work in compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and regulations
- Responsible to report any infractions or problems in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assist in ensuring that all new employees and volunteers are made aware of emergency procedures and are prepared to implement them immediately as necessary; that all employees and volunteers adopt safe work practices in line with The Salvation Army policies and procedures. Ensures required safety training is completed and tracked
- In consultation with the Executive Director, provides oversight to employee WSIB claims and other health and safety matters as required, including supervision of the Early and Safe Return to Work Program.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, ensure Liability Incident Reports are filed in the event of a volunteer incident at the workplace
Perform other position related duties as required.
- This is a full-time regular position based on 40 hours per week. Overtime will be required during bust Christmas season
- Normal hours of work Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and includes a ½ hour unpaid meal break. Shifts may change during Christmas season
- May involve applying physical force to move/lift/transport material of up to 39 pounds
Travel between various work locations for meetings or training as required. May occasionally be required to deliver or pick up small items to and from local vendors, donors and/or clients.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Completed two (2) years of Community College Diploma: Office Administration-Executive
- A Bachelor’s Degree an advantage
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of 3 years of prior related experience, including some supervisory experience, and proven track record of communicating clearly both orally and in writing
- Administrative/secretarial and general accounting experience, clerical, customer service
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Website design
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s license and current driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required
- Lead by example, demonstrate a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn and be flexible in the face of change
- Participate as an active and responsible team member
- Represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Maturity and ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness
- Participate in annual performance appraisal process
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training of self and others
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution
- Ability to undergo applicable screening and background checks successfully that are satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion (i.e., The Salvation Army Abuse Registry) and provide an original copy of a Background Check screening
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities
Successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Screening.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all new employees within the Province of Ontario, Social Services sector. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
You must advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their résumé to John Halbert, Executive Director. Click below to send your application now!
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter