Employment Links


You can search for “Employment Ontario” services across the province by going to the services search page.


Indeed.ca - Indeed.ca is a special “search engine” designed for job seekers.   It will search multiple job search sites like HRDC’s Job Bank, Workopolis, Monster.ca, Charity Village and many more in a single search.    You’ll find that it makes your online job searching much easier!

Other sites similar to Indeed are Simply Hired, Neuvoo, and Eluta.

If you happen to be looking for a job with a “green” or environmental focus you might want to try these websites:


You should become familiar with Human Resources Development Canada’s National Occupation Classification System or “NOC”.   It’s a sort of dictionary of the various kinds of jobs that exist in the Canadian labour market.  HRDC assigns a “code number” to each job type.   You can view the complete list here.

You can access some basic labour market information from the federal government’s website “Working in Canada”.   Another useful place to start is the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities site “Job Futures”.

The Ontario Skills Passport provides information on essential skills, learning and work habits important for success in work, learning and life.

Scott’s Business Directories are an excellent source of information on a wide variety of potential employers.   You can access these directories online here via the Toronto Public Library’s website.   Please note that you must have a Toronto Public Library card to access this service.


University of Toronto Comparative Education Services and “World Education Services” (WES) are two places where you can get your credentials from outside of Canada evaluated.  There is a cost involved.

If you have been laid-off, you maybe be eligible for financial assistance through the Ontario Second Career programme.    Staff of LEC’s Employment Service programme can help you through the process.

If you are not eligible for Ontario Second Career assistance you may be eligible for assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Programme (OSAP).

If you’d like to get an idea as to what training programmes are most likely to help you get work you can check out the Employment Profile section of the Ontario Ministry of Training, College & Universities website.


Centennial, George Brown, Humber, Seneca and Sheridan are the community colleges in the Greater Toronto Area.    To find out about other community colleges across Ontario you can visit “Ontario Colleges.ca”.   If you are applying for a programme at one of the community colleges you can apply online via the “Ontario College Application Service” (OCAS)


You can search for programmes at private career colleges using Service Ontario’s “Private Career College Search Service”


Ontario Ministry of Citizenship Immigration & International Trade Bridge Programme Info

ACCESS Employment (Sales & Marketing)
Centennial College (Nursing)
Humber College (Engineering Software Skills, Mobile Systems Integration, .NET Developer)
George Brown College (College Teachers, Construction Management, Nursing)
Seneca College (Financial Services, Building Environmental Services)
Skills for Change (Trades Win Support)
University of Toronto – Licensing International Engineers (LIEP) Programme
York University (Business, Human Resources, IT)


You can Apply for EI Benefits Online and also complete your bi-weekly reports through the internet reporting system.    You can view the status of your EI claim by creating a “My Service Canada” account.

If you have exhausted your EI benefits, are unemployed and have little in the way of savings you can apply for “Ontario Works” assistance online through City of Toronto Employment & Social Services

If you have a long term illness or disability that makes it very difficult for you to obtain work you may be eligible for the Ontario Disability Support Plan.

If you are under 65, have had to stop working due to a severe and prolonged illness and have contributed to the Canada Pension Plan you may be eligible for CPP disability benefits.

The federal government has a handy “benefits finder” site at Canadabenefits.gc.ca  You’ll also find a handy benefits questionnaire on this page.

You can find information an Ontario Benefits Directory here.


Worker’s Action Centre (help for worker’s with employment standards related issues who are not members of unions)

Federation of Metro Tenant’s Associations (help with landlord/tenant issues)

211 Toronto (directory of community services or just call “211“)





Employment Ontario